Tuesday, March 23, 2010

what was i thinking...

so I thought ok this Wii thing can't be all that hard... I chose the first block of exercises, and off I went. It was great .. up to set 5 with 8 repetitions per set. I was going great guns was even thinking that every afternoon I could manage this, well when the boys weren't home of course .. we certainly do not want them knowing and certainly not watching OMG heaven forbid that thought (hence why the Wii is locked - see note below however). Well I was onto exercise 6 and dived into the side lunges with gusto only to feel that twang when you slow down and assess the situation.. Ok now is there pain? no pain ok back into it ..Oh wait that was another twang resulting in pain but still not going to badly really for someone who hasn't got back into the walking 6ks in 50mins no I thought I was going really well. I thought I might just take the next set a bit slow. up popped the next set - squats and forward lunges .. Yea nah no way was subjecting the twang to a full on pulled muscle. Ok great set stop while you are ahead went the thought process. All good!
Two hours later as I went skidding into the loo as I was busting.. lowered the self almost onto the seat ... FREEZE OUCH WTF was that .. omg my thighs were killing me and I could barely make it to the sitting position. How the hell was I to get up off the seat .. with several groans and using my hands firmly planted on the walls for support I succeeded in getting upright.
... I have no qualms standing! walking is another issue ...

oh and the locked Wii ....yea its locked right after u turn it on and there on the screen in huge letters is a graph with your BMI and weight range!... brilliant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment